Friday, March 13, 2009

I FINALLY DID IT..... I CAN RUN 1 MILE!!!!!

I RAN 1 MILE WITHOUT STOPPING!!!! YEAH!!! To some that might seem like nothing but when I first started this I couldnt run a 1/2 a mile without stoppping. And I beat my time again.... last night I ran the mile on a 2.0 incline at 5.2 speed & finished in 12:03 minutes. For me that is amazing! That really makes me feel like I can do anything. I just put my IPod in my ear with music blasing, focused on one thing and just kept running. I didnt look at my time distance nothing. I just kept going till I reached it. It seriously feels amazing! I couldnt believe it. I have run the mile Monday, Wednesday & Thursday this week. Im going to do it again today & tomorrow too! My own personal goal is to run 1 mile everyday!!!!! My calves (as always) are on fire but they recover a lot better than they did before so I think they are the point of just getting used to all this crazy exercise. Hopefully with this new goal I made for myself the pounds with literally melt off my body! Im going to be ready to be running miles soon!!!!
I know a lot of people say "THEY CANT RUN" and I was one of those people but you can. And Im the perfect example that you can do it. I mean it is only 1 mile but the more I do it the more miles I will be able to run. Start off slow and just push yourself. You WILL be able to do it. Now I know why people like to run too. You feel so good afterwards. Dont get me wrong Im out of breathe and tired but my body just feels good.
SO Sharon pushed me to a breaking point last night. I was so mad at her for making me do these excersizes that I just didnt feel like I could do that I started to cry. I wanted to walk out so bad but I couldnt do that. I told her that I feel like she makes me do things that are physically possible for me and when I cant do it and Im struggling, she says "Lets go Christie! This is your last workout before your weigh in" It makes me feel like Im a slacker. Like she thinks Im not putting in 100% even though I am trying with all I can. BUt then we had one of our pep talks and she let me know that she knows Im giving this my all. Its like I want her to push me but when your getting pushed so hard and doing things that are so difficult it makes you want to throw in the towel. But I doubt myself sooooooooo much and I have to stop because when Sharon does push me and makes me do all these things that I think are impossible..... I do them!!! And thats another thing about Sharon that I love so much. She knows that I able to do them. I however, dont think I can so I doubt myself. She is not only changing me physically but mentally as well. Shes really helping me realize that I can do anything I put my mind to. Im going to be a skinny, confident woman and I cant wait for that.
But again, she kicked my ass yesterday, crazy style! I can barely type today.
On wednesday she was teaching me about the the muscles and what workouts work those muscles. I love learning all of this. Im going to be able to make my own worout routine and know that Im doing it right. She let me know that the best uppper body workout you can do is: Push Ups. and the best lower body you can do it: Squats

so my homework for tonight is:

1 mile run

Swimming workout: 20 minutes of straight laps
Water Push ups 3 sets @ 25 reps
Flutter kicks 1 minute
Kick backs 4 laps

Then I have to choose 2 muscle groups (Arms, Shoulders, Legs, Glutes, Abs, Chest & Back) and do 3 excersizes that work those muscle groups.

I think Im going to do Legs & Glutes since thats the biggest part of my body so I will do:

Lunges, Squats, Side kicks, Bridges, Leg lifts, and Im not sure what the last one will be.

as far as food goes: same old same old!!!! and still wanting pizza! ha ha ha ha

Oh and how can I forget.... My new motto:

DONT LOSE FOCUS....... LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment